To celebrate the release of Helldiver, Alex Morgan’s fourth Intrepid adventure, Chris Allen has given us some tidbits about the man himself!
1. Alex Morgan’s father was formerly a member of the Welsh Guards before following the love of his life, a beautiful Australian girl he’d met in London, back to Australia. A soldier through and through, Morgan’s dad enlisted in the Australian Army and served with distinction in Vietnam with the 3rd Battalion, the Royal Australian Regiment – the very same battalion Alex Morgan would serve with many years later.
2. Alex Morgan has an eclectic taste in music. Both of his parents were jazz buffs so he grew up developing a love for the music of Miles Davis, Dave Brubeck and Stan Getz. That evolved into a love of blues and blues rock. Eric Clapton being at the top of his list of favourites.
3. It’s no secret that Morgan likes a beer or two. The offer of a pint of Guinness is like a Siren’s call to him – usually with a similar end result! In his more refined, less rowdy moments, he’s known to enjoy a good single malt Scotch.
4. Morgan has never been in any way fashion conscious, traditionally opting for jeans, boots, casual shirt and a sports coat to keep him out of trouble. Of course, General Davenport has had a major influence on getting Morgan to dress more appropriately when required, but as soon as he can he’ll return to jeans at the first opportunity!
5. Morgan considers himself a simple man who chooses to live his life based on the basic premise that everyone has the right to live their life free of the unwelcome interference of those who would do them harm. That said, he is more than willing to be an unwelcome interference in the lives of those who choose to harm others.
Helldiver is out now – grab your copy here!
Books discussed in this post: